The Council’s Objectives
The Council supports the Plattform Industrie 4.0 in the further development of Industrie 4.0 and in the pre-competitive planning of its implementation within the German economy. In doing so, the Council accompanies the Plattform in its scientific, research and development expertise and cooperates closely with its working groups.
Providing the impetus for future research topics, it aims to produce systematic statements and expert opinions that utilise current academic research for industrial purposes. These are used to derive conclusions, ideas for future research and recommendations for action.
Tasks of the council members
The Research Council comprises approximately 30 science and industry representatives who work together on the following tasks:
- Creating scientific, research-based recommendations for the implementation of Industrie 4.0 concepts in industrial applications, with medium to long-term perspective
- Multiplier effect and knowledge transfer to interested scientific communities and industry, in particular SMEs
- Observing and evaluating the development of performance profiles
- Provision of new, pre-competitive research questions
- Implementation of research results in appropriate recommendations for action
Council members are distinguished by their varied expertise, which include production and automation, computer science, law and the sociology of work. They carry out studies and sub-projects on technological guidelines, tools and methods for the implementation of Industrie 4.0, through to economic, legal and social questions, such as:
Following this interdisciplinary approach, the Research Council grapples with developments in various areas of Industrie 4.0 and feeds these into the Plattform.