Joint action plan between the Plattform Industrie 4.0 and the Japanese Robot Revolution & Industrial IoT Initiative
The aim of the collaboration between the Plattform Industrie 4.0 and its Japanese opposite number, the Robot Revolution & Industrial IoT Initiative, is to take advantage of the economic potential of digitalisation, achieving a smooth transition into the digital age in both countries and maximising the positive effects on the competitive strength of industry in both countries too.
The topics covered include cyber-security, international standardisation, the reform of international regulation and the support of small and medium-sized enterprises.
Following an initial meeting in Japan in February 2016, the two initiatives concluded an agreement on future collaboration at the Hannover Messe that year. At CeBIT 2017 that collaboration was intensified, and some initial results and further joint activities were announced, especially in the areas of international standards and improved IT security for interconnected industry.
More information about the cooperation with Japan can be found under the following links:
- Hannover Declaration (PDF, 220KB)
- Joint publication: Facilitating International Cooperation for Secure Industrial Internet of Things/Industrie 4.0
- Joint publication: The common strategy on international standardization in field of the Internet of Things/Industrie 4.0
- Action plan agreed between Plattform Industrie 4.0 and the Japanese Robot Revolution Initiative
- State Secretary Machnig in Tokyo
- Joint dialogue of Plattform Industrie 4.0 and Robot Revolution Initiative